Saturday, November 7, 2009

Changes

You'll notice that cute little picture about winning the Big 12 North has been removed, since that ain't happening. I wonder if they will remove it from the football complex, I hope so, no need to remind the team everyday that we had expectations that may or may not have been reasonable.

SO, I've been looking at schedules and other worthless materials, and I think KU still has a shot at a bowl, albeit a really shitty one, but they need that extra month of practice, especially since we will lose a QB, 2 WR's a RB and our stud Safety.

The best chances for those are against MU and NU. Will it happen, I don't know. But here's an actual conversation I had recently that might shed a little light on my take.

Before the OU game, I said if they don't win this game, I'm getting ready for basketball and Dan told me, "fuck basketball, well at least until a little later and then unfuck basketball"
First off, using the word, unfuck, is awesome.

I'm thinking this season is over and I'm really curious to see what happens, but I'm still rooting for them to make a bowl, I just won't be attending.

Rock Chalk

2 comments:

Ace said...

Here's my take: Losing four conference games in a row is a tough pill to swallow. But let's face it, we've beaten ourselves in each of those games. It's a far cry from getting absolutely blown out and outclassed on a consistent basis. I can't stand losing to pathetic teams like Colorado, Oklahoma's third-stringers and in-state rivals. But I lay zero blame on the players, even Reesing. The problem lies within the coaching staff, and their inability to make in-game adjustments. Until we change our one-dimensional gameplans, we'll be ready for hoops season to start every November. One more win will make us bowl eligible, but we all know that doesn't guarantee anything. This season certainly won't live up to expectations, but two of our remaining games are winnable. And they could serve as solid building blocks towards next season.

offense & defense said...

Those are all good points, I think 6 wins gets you in this year, which would be good, we need the extra month of practice more than anything to develop the younger guys.

I think we can blame the coaches or the players but its one in the same, the coaches are not making good calls and Mangino freaks out at everything, therefore no players respect him and they don't play hard.

Plus I think you can blame the K-st game on Reesing, his 2nd fumble was disgusting and gave k-sucks and easy TD. But maybe Mangino should have been running the ball then too, so who the hell knows.
Nebraska is probably going to maul us when we have the ball and I'm not sure there's any way around that, Texas is going to beat us senseless. Mu is a toss up