Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Memo to hoops squad / football recruiting

First of all, let me give a shout out to Briscoe for getting HM AA from SI, next year you should be on the 1st or 2nd team, I'm looking forward to you and KM having a big bowl game.

Dear Kansas Basketball players-
Last Saturday, you, mostly you Sherron Collins, upset me, with your unwillingness to guard the 3 take good shots and commit stupid ass TO's.
So this week in practice if everyone could help Marucs learn how to not get his shit tossed and help Kief make a FT.
Also please see to it that Q, doesn't ever foul a guy on a three every again, that'd be great. Other than that, you should all realize that we should start treating Cole like CC Sabathia, and working him like a horse just like the Brewers did. Why, well because he's going to be in the league next year, so give him the fucking ball and let him score or get fouled, sidenote- cole, you should teach Kief how to make a FT, if Cole gets fed, we'll,mostly me will be happy.
The next couple of weeks are HUGE, HUGE HUGE. So we need to get better NOW. I'm going to the Temple game on Saturday and I'll be there for the game against the Vols and Siena, and I'm going to give some of my better performances, because I know you guys need it and someone apparently forgot to tell the students to make a ruckus and jump up and down all game so I'm going to be the jackass screaming obscentities and sweating more than I should, embarassing the people around me and being told I am too intense, too loud, I need to sit down and if I kiss my mother with that mouth, fucking A right, I'm bringing it, I suggest you do the same.
kisses-
rb



Football Recruiting party time-----
Randall Dent- DE, could play DT, verbally commited
Jacoby Thomas - OLB could play DE, verbal
These are the most recent guys to commit to KU

Both are from Texas and both are going to be really good players.
I look for Dent to be a SDE and play inside in certain situations, he is a big guy over 270 already, so he could play early
Thomas gives you options as does Dent, and its really hard for me to tell who will play at LB since we lose the 3 starters and Springer is coming off ACL surgery, so I think Thomas could play or he could RS, just too far out to tell right now, but he will be a player for us before its all said and done.
Of the 2 I like Dent more from a talent standpoint, plus he fills a more immediate need, both are good players.

Quinton Woods- DE, cali Juco, grad in may
6-6 without shoes, so he'd play at 6-7
commited to Michigan out of HS, but didn't qualify, and now he's a Jayhawk
Look for him to come in and play right away

DE- we are still on some other DE's, notably D'quinn Evans from Cali Juco as well, but the staff has made it very apparent they will get to the QB in 09

On the O-
WR- Erick McGriff (yes he's Crime Dog's kid) is going to be a Jayhawk as well, once his mom visits campus with him after Christmas it'll be official, but go ahead and get excited about him, he's a big kid and from florida, so we are starting to really open something up there, him and D'Shaun Sands (yes Tony's kid) are both from Florida, plus we got Rojas from there last year.
If they can continue to get 1-2 kids a year (esp next year) they will get a chance to get some real talent out of there.
WR- Bryant Allen, from St Louis- Would play as a true frosh, probably would return kicks too. the caveat on this kid is that we would steal his ass from those fucksticks in Columbia and he'd be a walk-on for hoops and as a pretty good athelte i think he'd put up a better battle than a bechard or juneman, so that'd be good. He's announcing on Thursday, 12/18, so we could have the WR spot pretty much locked up for 09, with the possibility of saving a schollie for Dewayne Peace, should he decommit from Michigan.
RB- Ronnie Wingo - we are one of his finalists, but so is the Chase Daniel Legion of Gay Lovers, and I think that's where he'll ultimately wind up. But Wingo is very high on Warriner, and anything can happen once you get a kid on campus, and he'll be on campus this weekend, so we shall see. Unless, he really is blown away he'll announce after the first of the year, and I believe he has a visit or more set for January. He is the #2 rated athlete in the nation.
RB- Toben Opurum- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, the big back we missed so dearly this year, this is the guy, I look for him to be a Jayhawk and for that to happen as early as Sunday, he visits this weekend and I believe we are only taking one more back and he fits what we want. How nice would it be next year when Todd wants to take a play off from throwing missles to one of our stud WR's and give the ball to a guy that can bang on some LB's, it'll be great is the correct answer.
Still got a ways to go before signing day in early February, but Mangino and company are killing it and I'd like to thanks Clint Bowen, because that little fucker is working his ass off and the main reason we got the Juco DE from Cali and he's been on some other guys too.
as always
Rock Chalk

No comments: