Wednesday, December 24, 2008

year of the jayhawk

here's my year of being a jayhawk, mind you, i'm in a bad dark place because of tyrel reed and the arizona game, but here goes

Jan 3 - Orange Bowl, great time, great weather, surreal experience. Best moment, walking into the stadium and seeing a couple of our guys warming up and the orange bowl logo at the 50 and having a moment, thinking "how the fuck did we just pull this off" also calling the blocked FG, was very Cleo of me. Good time

Losing at K-st and them celebrating like obama just got elected, fucking k-st people, they can fuck themselves, I said at this rate we would make the sweet 16

Taking a bus with the SUA at KU to Ok St, thinking it was cool and a helluva a deal but there was a lot of douchery on the bus, went with megtropoly, and let the "rowdiest fans in america" get a W. PS- who the fuck claims that shit, rowdiest fans in america, really?
this was our 3rd loss of the year and on the way home, we were checking the blackberry for the tenn and memphis score, which was kind of prophetic.
I told megtropoly that win we win the whole fucking thing we'll get over this, I said this when we lost to OU in the big 12 tourney back in 02 and then made the final four, so I'm pretty smart.

I kind of doubted our squad through conference play, because I thought they should be so much better than they were until senior night.
I start crying on the way to the bar listening to them introduce Toast and I got a text that said "toast is crying" so like a woman, this meant i had to cry.
We put an absolute anal thundering on them and I said final four, so we're moving up on my expectation ladder.

big 12 tourney-
ku-nu watched 1st half with stratton and jennie and left at half, people think this is weird when i do this, but i do better watching the games on lockdown, plus i wanted to throw some shit and public venues look unfavorably on shit like that.
ku-a&m- went with 193950 and this game was closer than it should have been and i remember hansborough got fouled with 2 seconds left to help carolina win and me and 193950 agreed that he was and is a fag/bitch.
ku-ut - this is a weird day because I had tickets and I didn't go, and I didn't go because one of my clients was supposed to need help that day and I was trying to be a stud, well they never called and i drank 20 bud heavies and got launched with reals and the future roomie, this was a fun day for me.

selection sunday- loved our draw, was worried about wisconsin more than georgetown, but felt good

2nd round-
went to omaha and got launched with my boss (LJ) his hot ass wife and the future roomie. UNLV fans are kind of like mizzou fans, dirty poor, without something to live for and with a false sense of hope, so that was fun.
This was the first tourney game i'd been to since 97 so i was really uneasy, thankfully we did work and it was on.

sweet 16- remember i think we should get past this, and I am so unnervous for villanova, i expected a blowout and what did i get, yep a blowout. I grabbed a beer with the OP people and then went to lock down, davidson beat wisconsin earlier that day so i was basically one quick move from shitting my pants

elite 8- I remember being more confident than i was the year before against ucla, and i remember reading an article about Self and how bad he wanted a final four, so I knew it was gonna happen, the rest of the day, i did not know would happen.

(DREILING PLEASE READ THIS PART YOU'LL LOVE IT)
I go to henry t's for the game, after i skipped out on my cousins first communion, because, I can only deal with so many things and let me tell you, hanging out with my mom's side of the family and all their fucked up drama and shit would have sent me into a nervous fit.
reals, rb, future roomie and a late appearance by megtropoly
i didn't drink that much, but i got nervous as the game wore on, to the tune of walking around T's during halftime.
reals is hammered
so anyway it is what it is, that tool misses that shot, i leap onto reals, we're humping, i throw kid sister in the air, me and blondie embrace, i stand on the table, SCREAMING
we slam a 24 oz beer, literally shotgun it and start driving to johnny's in Olathe.
drink a bit there with kelting, t-mac starts crying, finally realizes I am a huge dick, so i feel bad for her because i thought she knew
reals can't talk

we go pound pitchers at keno's in OP and then call it a night, about 10 i see on the news players coming back, so i get blondie, who is shockingly supportive at this point and reals comatosed ass into eddie2 and we head back to lawrence

we almsot wreck the car because i am trying to bid on a 2002 final 4 ticket stub (that's for LJ)
anyway, this was a fun night

final 4-
LJ and I have agreed we will win by 14, we will look smart, this wasn't a roy thing for me either, it was a UNC thing and they were in our way of something really cool
so i puked that morning not from booze and then i watched chick flicks on tbs all day and laid on the couch.
i have no energy, i can hardly yell or clap during the game, and i was supposed to watch this game at the Field House but i was too weak.
i leave in the second half when they cut it to 5 or 3 or whatever the hell it was and i don't listen the radio, but i keep refreshing jayhawk slant on my crackberry, a trick i took up during the davidson game and i turn the radio on as i pull back into my hoodrich apartment and piper said something that made me feel like we had leveled out
and then i saw us pull away, it was exciting

memphis-
best day of my life.

football season come rolling around- spring game sucked, thought we looked bad, was not happy
s fl- realy should have won that game but whatever
ou- i knew we would lose, i was actually proud of us, and briscoe starts to make himself a stud
tech - worse game ever at memorial for me personally
ut- same, whatever
traveled to iowa state and had a blast (yes i realize this was earlier) loved the come back led by sharp and KM, who knew that route he ran at iowa state would be run again
went to nebraska, and realized i probably not gonna do that again.
border war has been blogged previously, it was unreal.

so as we wrap up the year of the hawk, it looks like we got a win against albany in hoops coming up at the house and hopefully more good things.
mangino is putting together a hell of a recruiting class for next year and Todd and KM and buddies have some business to finish up next week.
Rock Chalk

1 comment:

Jeff Dreiling said...

BLJ (Baby LJ) best post of your blog's short history. Just watching OSU play Oregon in the Holiday Bowl and took the opportunity to catch up on your blog. Sorry I am a week late but when you have a wife and kids, reading blogs takes a bit longer then when you are single. Really liked your gay ticketstubbery. Can't believe how much seven year cock you have chugged for the Tangerine Bowl stub. Glad to see you are heading to Phoenix so you won't have to prostitute yourself again in the name of stubs. Your parents are great Americans. Have fun and crush some ASU ass for me.