Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hoops recruiting starting to take shape with football sprinkles

First and foremost, before anyone freaks out, Vernon Brooks is back on campus and will practice today, great news for the linebacking squad. (rivals.com)
 
Highly rated PG prospect (5th best PG - 18th overall per Rivals.com) Joe Jackson while small in size under 6-0" has a big game and is now down to KU, Memphis (he's from Memphis) and Tenn.
Self has said he wants a point guard in this class (2010) so this would be a huge get for the Hawks.

PG Josh Selby (#7 overall per Rivals.com) and PF Terrance Jones (#15) both appear to have a good amount of interest in KU.

SG Doron Lamb (#19 overall) has already visited UK and will visit KU and OU. He went to the same HS, Rice in Brooklyn, as KU National Champion, Russell Robinson. I really like Self's chances with this guy.
 
2010 commit Royce Wooldrige will be in Lawrence for Late Night in the Phog along with 2011 Guard Josiah Turner from California
 
2011 stud (#7 overall) SG Brad Beal from St Louis is considering visiting for Late Night as well.

2012 stud Perry Ellis from Wichita (generally regarded as the top ranked player in the class if not top 2) will be visiting Memphis for their Late Night where his sister plays on the women's team. I'm not going to read much into this because they no longer have Cal and he's a BIG KU lean.

JP Tokoto, who impressed at KU's Elite Camp and received an offer is schedule to attend Late Night. KU has been rumored to be the team to beat for this stud.

Over in football land-
Justin McCay a machine from Meige who plays WR and LB has apparently committed to OU. KU's chances of getting him were minimal so now they can concentrate on other targets and if he plays LB at OU it will help KU with Trayvon Henry the 15th best LB in the class of 2010 from Oklahoma.

Theshiver.com reported that Martize Barr a WR from Washington, DC is scheduled to visit KU in September sometime and he is planning on committing on his visit (assuming the coaches allow him to and he isn't too far down their board) he also said that he believes his HS teammate Avery Williams (RB or ATH) could commit with him that weekend.
I like Williams a lot more than I like Barr, but I don't know anything about Barr.
I do believe Williams is not the first option for the coaches at RB so we'll see if anything happens from this.


 
 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you just pull your updates directly from Jayhawk Slant?

TR5 to KM10 said...

not everyone has access to the slant so eat a dick anonymous.

Ace said...

FYI: Doron Lamb never attended Rice High School. He went to Brooklyn's Bishop Loughlin for his first two years, and will finish out his prep career at Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, VA.

Maybe you're thinking of 2010 prospect Shane Southwell? He goes to Rice, and plays on the same AAU team (Gauchos) as Lamb.

Ace said...

I love the short fuses. Everyone's clearly ready for football to start :)

Anonymous said...

Holy cow... it was a simple question. Just curious... Kind of sickened by some of the responses. Some angry nasty people here I suppose... I do enjoy the blog however.

offense & defense said...

there you go anonymous.

My bad, Lamb never attended Rice but in his updates he has mentioned Russell Robinson multiple times, so that's the connection.

And seriously football will you please start already

Mortenson said...

I would love to have Anonymous be the punt returner and have TR5, Offense/Defense, and myself be the gunners on the outside. I think the smack talk would end after one kick of the football and one massive concussion. I'll get my buddy Mike Rivera (a.k.a. Urlacher Jr.) to join in on the fun as well.

Anonymous said...

Where is the smack talk? Seriously I am shocked at how aggressive/sensitive everyone is. I asked if the updates on this site are pulled directly from Jayhawk Slant, and so far I have ben called a dumb fuck, told to get a rope and hang myself, called a dick, and then told that it would be great if I was returning a punt so a handful of people could have a clean shot as gunners, thus giving me a concussion. Wow... Once again guys, I enjoy the blog, I was just curious if there is every any original news that wasn't pulled from the front page of other sites.

offense & defense said...

if you read all the entries there is a lot of original content.

glad you enjoy the blog and don't worry about mortenson he's harmless