Thursday, August 13, 2009

just a couple more weeks

While I was jogging (walking) after work this evening I heard a local high school band practicing which means football season is almost here.

Here's a couple of things that I doubt we'll see from KU this year but I would really like to see.

1- 4 QB set (Reesing, KM, Steward and Pick)
Put two of them out wide, KM and Steward are both WR's now anyway and then one as the QB and the other as a RB.
Why do I want to see this, I don't know it seems like trickeration would be at an all time high and it gives the D another look.
Another reason I like this is because I think Pick can really run and it sets up some wildcat type formation and direct snaps.
A variation of this would be to have Pick come in and then split TR5 out wide, and then let Pick throw it or run some option read, give the D one more thing to be cognisant of and see what happens.

2- I Formation
Why, I think our center and guards are going to be a lot better than they were last year and running the ball of the gut should be easier, especially if you throw in a FB.
Maybe I'm reaching a bit here, but with the advent of the spread all D's are trying to get smaller and quicker at all positions so playing a little smash mouth could be effective.
Like the above idea it shows the D something different and gets some different personnel in.

3- Everybody at Memorial Stadium on September 5th.

Rock Chalk

No comments: