Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Deep thoughts from T-mac

Team Kelting vying for total blog domination, I love how E$ is the one that usually half asses things and then Tmac just rolls in and is coasting along on her maiden voyage into the blogesphere and then drops a link to some sight with random quotes, its like punting on third down.

So without further ado here is the blog of T-mac, and yes I would have bet the KU room that this was going to be about hotdogs or children.

So Baby (aka Eric) and I were watching TV last night and he flipped to ESPN and we started watching the fourth quarter of the Middle Tennessee v FAU game. I say to Eric “seriously, these are the two best teams they could find to play on a Thursday night?” Eric just looks at me and says “It’s Tuesday you idiot.” Okay he didn’t really call me idiot but I could see it in his eyes.

And how crappy does your football program have to be that ESPN comes to you and says “hey we’d like you to play on Tuesday night. We know that only gives you four days of rest between games but will you do it?” And you do because you know it’s the only time you’ll ever be on ESPN except for maybe during bowl season when you play in the New Orleans bowl on a Thursday afternoon in December.

While watching the game last night (by the way did anyone see that amazing come-from-behind-hail-mary-to-win-it-with-less-than-8 seconds-to-go? Probably not. Me, Eric, RB and four guys from Middle Tennessee were probably the only people watching) I thought FAU has to have the most adorable coach I’ve ever seen. How adorable is he? If you think that’s cute last night he was pimping a red sport coat and a tie covered with footballs. That got me to thinking if the National Champion could be determined based off how cute your coach is FAU would definitely have a chance. But thank god it’s based off of talent the BCS instead so KU might have a chance someday.

While the game was being played last night ESPN had the most annoying running scroll bar at the top of the screen that was dialog of “fans” messages left about their teams. This way my favorite of the night: LA Tech will win this weekend and then LA Tech National Champs here we come. Are you freaking kidding me? Dude I know I drink the kool-aide from time to time too and sometimes I still think we can pull a 9-3 season out of our asses but even I’m not that crazy. And PS the only reason I even know who LA Tech is, is because we played them this year. Otherwise I wouldn’t know if they were in Louisiana or Los Angeles.

I’m starting to think my hatred for all things Methzzou is getting out of hand. Yesterday when I was leaving work I saw a chick in a MIZZOU t-shirt walking her dog. I actually started wondering what the legal ramifications would have been if I ran the dog over.

Finally I’ll leave you with some random ruminations that I would try to take credit for but since you’ve made it all the way through my blog post, by now you know I’m just not that good. These come from people who post at www.ruminations.com

Sort by: price high to low. In the history of internet commerce has anyone ever used that choice?

I like ordering "nothing" bagels instead of plain bagels. It confuses the hell out of people.

I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

Everytime I have to spell a word over the phone using 'as in' examples, I will undoubtedly draw a blank and sound like a complete idiot. Today I had to spell my boss's last name to an attorney and said "Yes that's G as in...(10 second lapse)..ummm...Goonies"

When I was walking to lunch with a co-worker today, a homeless man asked me for change, so I gave him a couple bucks. As we walked off, my co-worker said, "You know he's just going to spend that on alcohol." Well, yeah, probably. But so was I.

Dudes: we're well aware that you're full of shit when you try to hook up with us. When you succeed, it's not because you fooled us, it's because sometimes we get sick of playing defense and want to score ourselves.

No comments: