Monday, September 22, 2008

No mas non con

Get ready for the pre-noon kickoff in lovely Ames IA.

Well, KU is 3-1, which isn't bad shoulda would coulda been 4-0 but they are 3-1 and they have found out a lot about where they are at and relative to where they want to be they have a whole mess of work to do.
My message to the team follows----

Todd = DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING
RB's = I'm sorry that no one blocks for you, its unfortuante and as frustrating as it must be for you, its extremely hard for me to watch as well, so I feel your pain. Oh and Joc, I think you are showing promise but if you could block someone it could save me from the following exchange...
Dad - freaking crawford sucks at blocking
rb - i wasn't watching him
dad- he sucks
next play
dad- see he just dives at the guy
rb- oh yeah (still didn't watch him)
dad- he's going to get killed
rb - oh well, more quigley

WR = Mangino is mad at you or he's crazy, one of those must be true if he's marching Raymond "you're a fucking hot dog" Pendelton out there at the begining. I thought your blocking got better in game 4 and there weren't many drops in the preseason either, minus Dez.
Getting Fields back will help a lot, especially on blocking, and will really give us another bonafide option on crossing routes and passes underneath with Dez remaining as the deep threat.
Kerry Freaking Meier, you are unreal and I love you in a platonic weird stalker fan type way, keep on keeping on.
TE = Its pretty clear that you might not catch 10 passes all year, on pace for 6 if my math is right. But Timmy Beire has done a nice job blocking, but we do need to throw to him more so that when he comes in teams don't KNOW we are running the ball and the running game needs all the help it can get. Interested to see if Steward will get any quality minutes this year could be a good option although I have no complaints with Tim
LT- Spikes, you gave up one sack against Selvie so I thought you did good, you are a big big man, and I know Mayes is getting worked next to you but that's not your problem you keep getting better, I like where you are headed and please continue to eliminate corners 15 yards downfield on screen passes like you did on Saturday, I enjoyed that mucho
LG - Mayes, you're better than Capra, but you know what, if we gave kelting enough bourbon he'd be better than capra, and probably you too, please get your shit together or I will forever think you were only good because anthony collins was next to you last year and he knocked everyone over teammates included.
C & RG- Cantrell and Hartley- I never pay much attention to you guys because you are usually letting the line cave in like a section 8 housing roof during a drizzle, allowing our rb's to get destroyed, so please pick it up
RT- Matt Darton experiment week one was enough to make me reconsider a lot of things, glad its over, Hatch is doing well and Lueken filled in fine during week one. Hatch getting a personal foul and stunting a drive hurt our PPG average and stopped us from getting 30% off at touchdown tuesday which is a shame, so every shirt I buy I feel like you should pay me 2 dollars.

Defense
front 4 - NO COMMENT, they have sucked so much its not worth talking about not now, not sober, there is some talent there but I'm worried that they never get pressure against the world beaters like as coach bowen told his D on Saturday "Sam Fucking Houston"

LB's - missing a lot of tackles and INT's you are supposed to be the glue and I know you guys can do it, I hope HOPE this is the by product of Rivera being dinged up in fall ball and Mortenson coming off surgery in the offseason. They have to play better for us to win, they are too good not too and we can't afford for them not to.

CB - Chris Harris, next great corner at KU, he is locking down his side of the field, no questions, he's a great tackler too and is only getting better.
We need Kendrick Harper back, I think Barfield and Powell will be good but they are not there yet, and teams are flat out picking on those guys.

Safety -
Thorton = F
Stuckey = A

Kickoff's = D, need to kick higher and deeper so teams don't start at the 35 everytime
Punt return is good, Patterson is a real player, he's great in that role and will be a WR stud too before its all said and done.
Kick return is weak- something needs to change there

off to dinner with the inlaws
rock chalk

No comments: