Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Football recruiting - QB's

Signing day is a little less than a month away, so I'm going to break down each position every couple of days. Some positions are obviously done and some are not, so I'm going to starter with punter and QB on this one, because those slots are done and super easy and then we'll move into the other spots.

(NOTE - I SWITCHED THE SETTING AND NOW ANYONE CAN POST, AND YOU CAN DO IT WITHOUT SAYING WHO YOU ARE SO BE LIKE LJ AND SHIEF AND POST COMMENTS, REMEMBER I LIVE TO SERVE)

Punter-
Rojas is the guy, no one coming on this year.


QB-
Christian Matthews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzt9TPnfTWk

Athletic QB from Arlington, TX, teammates with another KU commit, Dexter Linton. Here's the thing with him, and I haven't watched the video above, but the film I've watched on him, made me think that he's very athletic and we need to find a way to get the ball in his hands. That being said, I don't think that's going to be as a QB. Kale Pick is going to do everything he can to lock that slot up and Jordan Webb will be in the mix too (obviously post TR5) So I think its a safe bet to assume that he is going to be moved to WR, too quick with the ball and talented to not have the ball in his hands and making plays.

Also, I am not Warriner or Mangino, so he could very well stay at QB, he has run the spread his whole life and kids that come out of TX have high football IQ's due to the 7 on 7 they play in the summer, most of the time. The good thing is he'll be a frosh when TR5 is a senior, so he'll redshirt and then he can learn the system and battle KP and Webb and if he's the guy, he's the guy if not he could easily transition to WR.

Jordan Webb-
Union City, MO
(sorry no youtubes)

This guy is sick, let me just be honest he can play. That's why I thought it was so funny this year when the KCstar, LJW and UDK all ran articles about KP being the shit, which he could be, but this guy is going to be tough to keep off the field. He's about 6-0 / 6-1 and he cal ball a lot, he's a dual threat that also plays in the spread, he reminds me a lot of TR5 in HS or that guy that pounds dudes in Columbia and picks his nose.
The best thing about this guy is that he took a lot of heat for picking KU over Mizz and he committed a long time ago, like 9 months ago. His house got vandalized by Mizzou fans and he stayed true and its turned into a situation where he hates Mizz now, which is good for us. He'll be a fun player to watch.

I think he's a semester graduate and will be in the spring game, but don't hold me to that. he's good though, him or KP will be taking over the reigns after TR5 is gone.

No comments: