Thursday, January 15, 2009

Izzone recap from Man Challenge 08 Co-Champion

here's Schief's recap of his trip to the Izzone-

On to the Izzone, fucking carzy, it is extremely loud down in the bottom bowl, and I figured out what fat people do on winter Saturday's in Michigan, they go to MSU games. My seat where in the alumni section above the Izzone which made it worse, my buddy and me were sandwich between a dude with a rat tail and a guy I wanted to punch (stories to follow). As for the game what I saw was, Cole played like a man, Sherron's first half was terrible, the twins are out there playing a game of full contact 21, Brady looks like 35 in person (martin in high school, not know) and Mario is in for a rough ride. I thought after the first 2 minutes that it would be an awesome game then it went south from there. At half time I wasn't sure what was going to happen. Second half was a lot better and the Hawks actually sucked some of the wind out of the building, but Kalen Lucas is the real deal.

On to rat tail, this guy was balding on top holding on to what hair he had left in the back and tipped the scales at close to 3 bills. So douche and his wife where '70 something graduates that decide I was the guy to have a conversation with. After a series of small talk bull shit, I told the guy politely to leave me the fuck alone and if I wanted shit I would call home.

Guy I wanted to punch was the best though. I get to my seat and see that I'm in for a dog fight the closest bit of blue to me is three sections over where KU families are, I'm cool with it, thats what I expected. As we slid in I notice this guy wearing a Hawk patch (like the one Roy had last year)on the side of his Michigan hat, and he is wearing a MSU hoody. We sit down and I go into attack mode, first I asked about his Identity crisis, he laughes, then who he is cheering for, "I like both teams" (at this point I'm thinking the dude likes sausage too), no when the shit hits the fan who are you cheering for, "I just want to see a good game"(this is when I know he likes sausage). So throughout the game I throw jabs at peter puffer and he just sits there and takes them and his rotund wife is laughing the whole time.

Breslin Center is a hell of a place to watch a game, doesn't beat the House by any means. The fans have their shit together and respect good play. I enjoyed going there just wish the outcome would have been different.

Schief

1 comment:

Georgia said...

I like that people still use the word "rotund"