Thursday, April 23, 2009

What does it all mean?

Getting Xavier (Zah Vee Ay) Henry means a lot of things to me personally and to the immediate and long term future of the University of Kansas Basketball.

First it means that I need something else to think about, which will probably be KU baseball and then football and basketball recruiting as we get into the summer.
I have been following X's recruitment back when I didn't have an emerging bald spot and I'm so glad it is over, I've gotten so pissed at the situation but always wanted him to be in the Crimson and Blue and now that its a reality, I'm relieved more than happy but I'm very happy.

As far as the immediate future being impacted by the arrival of Bros. Henry it gives KU that much more momentum towards another National Championship.
The 09-10 Jayhawks were already going to wreck people, be the fave in the Big 12 and the sexy pick to cut down nets in Indy. Now those thoughts are even more logical.

Henry has what Roscoe refers to as "freakish athletic ability" and according to me he can put the ball in the tin from distance and off of the dribble and will give KU what they lacked so badly last year, a guy who can get his own shot (other than Sherron) and a 3rd scorer.
Henry also already has a NBA body so getting stronger isn't going to be a problem like what most freshmen encounter.

So there's those immediate positives to X heading to the hill. But once X leaves Mt. Oread he will have the chance to help Bill Self show that he can get you to the league and get you there quick, which will in turn help with guys like Harrison Barnes and Josh Smith form the 2010 classes and 2012 prospect Perry Ellis from Wichita.

If you are super excited and can't wait for the season to start, you're not alone.
Next year has all the pieces in place to be a very special year in Lawrence.

Rock Chalk
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

Jeff Dreiling said...

if i had a dollar for every time I heard "fuck X" I would be as rich as Kelting. Glad you turned that frown upside down.

offense & defense said...

Yeah, X took me on a serious emotional rollercoaster and the only way I could deal with it was to be angry because I was hurt when he shunned KU. But now I know that he has always loved KU and I'm glad he's coming home.
Consider me a HUGE X fan.