Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Xavier Henry chat transcript from ESPN

Buzzmaster: Xavier will be with us at 4 p.m. ET everyone.

Buzzmaster: Xavier is here!

John T. (Lexington, KY): Xavier, what's the official list of top contender schools?

Xavier Henry: Kansas, Memphis and Kentucky.

Evan (Kansas): Xavier, Does the fact that Sherron and Cole are returning next season impact your decision at all?

Xavier Henry: Not really. It just helps to know that we'll have a good team if we go to Kansas.

Daniel: (Lexington, KY): Do you prefer playing in a fast paced offense or a set half court offense?

Xavier Henry: A fast pace. Everybody gets touches in a fast pace and none of your teammates get mad.

Chris, Louisville: So are you and your brother a package deal?

Xavier Henry: Yeah, it turned out that way. I think we're going to do that, go to the same school.

Chapel Hill, NC: Xavier, how important is it for you to play college basketball at a tradition rich program such as Kansas, where both of your parents played?

Xavier Henry: It wasn't a deciding factor, but it's kind of cool if your whole family went to the same school. It's not a deciding factor, but it's cool.

Mckenzie (Erlanger KY): does calipari's offense affect your overall decision in any way?

Xavier Henry: It's a big factor, the style that he plays and how his team works. Now he has to start all over and the team is not going to play like it has. It will be different than what its been in Memphis.

Mark Columbus, OH: When do you think you will decide?

Xavier Henry: I haven't put a timetable on it, but it will be as quick as possible. After these games.

Aaron Sivori (Louisville, Ky): What is the highest number of threes you have hit in a single game?

Xavier Henry: Honestly, I don't know. It was probably a lot! I know one time, this past year in Missouri, I think it was the ''Show Me Classic'' I think I had 10 or 12, or maybe it was 10 of 12.

Kevin (Louisville Ky): Love your game! what do you base your decision on?

Xavier Henry: There are a lot of things. Me and my brother making sure we're happy where we're going. Keeping my family happy and keeping them together is what I'm basing my decision on.

Ross (Lawrence, KS): How good of a relationship do you have with Self? Calipari?

Xavier Henry: We have real good relationships. They've been recruiting me over the years. They know my families well. We keep communicating all the time.

Lawrence, KS: Xavier- How important is being able to play on an established national championship caliber team for you now preparing to make your college decision?

Xavier Henry: It's real important. That's what you go to college for, to win it all and prepare yourself to be the best. I'm fortunate to have those schools looking at me.

Nathan (Bowling Green, Ky): What NBA player would you say has a game similar to yours?

Xavier Henry: I don't know. I take different parts of a lot of people's games and make them my own.

Parker: Memphis, TN: Did you have much of a relationship with coach Pastner before Cal left for Kentucky?

Xavier Henry: Yeah. That was the main guy that was recruiting me, Coach Pastner. He's a positive guy and we have a good relationship.

Matt (Lexington, KY): Do you plan on taking anymore visits before making a decision?

Xavier Henry: Yeah, I plan on taking one visit with my brother to Kentucky. We've never been out there. After that, we'll take a couple of days and probably make our decision.

Taylor (Baton Rouge, LA): Have you already made your decision and you are waiting to announce or are you still struggling with making a decision?

Xavier Henry: I'm still deciding where I'm going to go. If I knew where I was going, I would have made the announcement a long time ago. I'm not trying to hold out on anybody.

Jeff (Asheville, NC): What player did you most admire growing up?

Xavier Henry: My brother. Always getting to see him play. He taught me a lot.

Brian (Chicago): Will you wait to hear from the NCAA on CJ's status next year before making a decision?

Xavier Henry: Yeah. CJ's a big part of my decision. I'm waiting to hear about him before I decide where I'm going.

stephen (Dallas,TX): Xavier, you once pinned one of my lay-ups on the backboard so hard that I thought the ball was going to pop. What are you most excited for going into next season?

Xavier Henry: Just seeing how good they can prepare me to be for the next level. Seeing how they can take my game and being with my brother the whole year and my family.

Rod, Los Angeles, CA.: Do you get tired of all the recruiting and hype?

Xavier Henry: After a while it gets boring. Just stagnate. I'm just waiting for it to be over with so I can go on and go to college and further my career.

Ryan (Lexington, KY): How much does Jodie Meek's decision to stay in the draft or come back next year affect your opinion of coming to UK? Could you all play well together?

Xavier Henry: That would. That changed the team and the whole outlook of the team. I'd have to look at that if he decides to stay in or play at Kentucky. We'd have to talk about it.

Xavier Henry: Thank you for following me!

No comments: