Friday, May 15, 2009

Moosh graduates - Hysteria ensues


for baseball coverage this weekend, check out-----





So Sunday marks the end of having a Bauer at KU every year for the past 9 years. Moosh is graduating which makes me think that the days of her throwing hot dogs at people are over, but I doubt it.


I'm super proud of her, she's gotten good grades, hasn't been arrested and I think that's about it, and she might have even enjoyed college more than me, but that's debateable.


Anyway, per her request here's a blog all about all 5-5, 36 pounds of her as it relates to KU, with a touch of sentimental.


per Megs e-mail "You could probably do a whole blog about all the sporting events we went to because my friends don't understand the importance of KU football (although they like basketball) and your friends are gay and would rather watch the games on TV than pay for the experience. "


So there you have it.


some of the memorable experiences for me with Megan -

Driving to Ames, IA- getting a 10 dollar parking ticket for being in a "snow route" when it was 75 degrees out, hey no one say people from Iowa are smart.

So we're sitting there getting the business and I'm thinking this blows and I'd rather head home then watch another 30 minutes of us getting tagged by ISU, but blind faith Megan says we should stay and then Jake Sharp has the greatest quarter / half of his KU career and we win, and it was glorious. Plus I had a beer and a banana on the way there, which was fun for me.


The mizzou game in November we watched at Megan's on her plasma, which apparently is standard for most college students now, I spent all my money on beer and chipotle so I wouldn't know.

We started the morning with a full blow crisis since Megan is the only college student that doesn't have a bottle opener.

So we decided that we should get Rudy's because the last time we watched mizzou on that TV while eating Rudy's they lost and chase daniels heisman hopes were flushed like a turd. So Rudy's and 6 oz. Corona's because no beer from MO.

That game was so clutch, and I'm always a little extra happy for her when we beat Mizz because some people she went to HS with have learning disabilities and went to MU for college or post HS learnin'. I'll always remember Megan telling me that I had to switch between offense and defense and all these little superstitious things to ensure victory, which obviously happened.


"Orange bowl and it being freezing but we won a BCS bowl game" - Megan

it wasn't even cold, but I have a lot more "insulation" than she does. Normally I never let anyone wear my stocking caps because I have sensitive ears, kind of like that retard from Something About Mary, but Megan got to wear the poofy ball stocking cap for that game, so that was interesting, well that and Baadte lecturing my sister about not needing a new car and then his wife got a new car later, I digress.

The game obviously was a lot of fun for me and everyone else. I'm not sure what to say about it, because I really don't remember a lot about it, except that I was really focused. Unfortunately for Megan she was there with my Mom but it was a free trip so it couldn't have been that bad, but if Megan is cold it makes everything worse for her.


The Insight Bowl this year was a blast, I made Megan travel how I travel, cheap hotel, always be drinking and don't stay for long.

So we left at 6AM, had a drink in the same KCI bar that I had a beer with Blondie before the Orange Bowl. Had a drink on the flight.

Got there, went directly to a bar and had lunch.

Then to another bar, where some dork made a coke/ vodka drink for us, idiot.

And in Tempe there are no bars with darts, just as an FYI.

Hit another bar and then head to the game, stand in a long line with all KU people.

Realize that

(just got a call while typing this that Megan is at The Wheel paying for beer in quarters, only in college)


Realize that we are in the players family line and so I make a joke about Steve Reesing being there since he was on a KC radio show earlier in the year, then this smokin Cougar who asks if I like "number 5" well I though the jersey was a dead giveaway but I'm kind of drunk so I'm moving slow, turns out its Debbie Reesing.

She falls in love with Megan is like playing with her hair and shit and I'm thinking she's going to set her up with Todd, but no. So Megan and Debbie become BFF's and Debbie is telling her how hot she is (and if you know Megan she loves compliments, like can't get enough, its probably because I used to beat the shit out of her when she was little) so long story short they talk a ton and a interject a bit and then Debbie takes us into the stadium and says we are with her, so the tickets we purchased we didn't need because we got in for free.


This senior year Moosh has had the opportunity to hang out / be buddies with the "important" players- her words not mine- and through her "connections" we've gotten a lot of good info for said blog.

She wants me to mention she is BFF's with the future of KU football.


I'm wrapping this up-

Before the Texas football game we went to West for Schooners and darts, and had 193950 (dad) tell us that Schooners were a dumb idea because the beer would get warm, but not if you drink them fast old man. he just didn't know we we're on our 2nd and 3rd schooners when he showed up at 10AM. whoops


And Megan would like for everyone to know that watching the National Championship at Allen Field House was her idea, see this chick loves recognition, fuck.


Anyways, its been a pretty enjoyable and mostly devoid of drama trip for kid sister and this weekend she graduates from The University of Kansas.

Congrats to her

Rock Chalk




1 comment:

Mortenson said...

Congrats kid sis. If I would have been in Lawrence for commencement, I would have tossed some carrots at you for old times sake.