Sunday, March 1, 2009

gameday - Live from the Phog- until the BlackBerry busted

So far we're off to a money start.
Smooth drive up K-10 accompanied by songs about heroin and my cherry coke on ice.

First bank I drive by says the temp is 10 so I'm thinking that's cold and awesome since K-money is getting his jersey retired.

There's a 200% chance I'm going to cry at halftime, so I'm dealing with it.

Drove by The House at 9;30 and there's already mother fuckers lined up outside.
Hey this is one of those games

Grubbin at some place called McCallisters- which this sandwich could be sent from heaven but all its doing is buying me time before I get to the Phog.

I'm a tad upset with KU Athletics though. Apparently if you're a student you not only don't get a schedule for pick up dates, they "forget" to e-mail you the pick up dates for Mizzou and Texas, just so they can sell some extra tickets.
FYI- the more students the better, lew- dick.
And while I'm on this rant let's get back to student tickets- actual physical tickets- that way its easier for them to go and trade tickets and then they can try to rival my all world ticket stub frames.
Ok off to the PHOG.

Live and direct from Allen.
I'm not going to say where the jersey is gonna hang, but I think its ironic and awesome that it is where it is.

LOTTA students here so maybe I was wrong but whatever. Already booing anything that resembles a tiger, which is good.
Big ups to Kelting because the pregame music sounds a lot like the "From the lab" mix CD I got recently.

I haven't seen the kid that dresses like a tiger and smears brown all over his face, which sucks- you gotta pass that shit down.

Still no word if Leo Criswell errrrr Lyons had his mom dress him today.

7:42 left in the first half-
Its loud, I'm sweating a lot and I met Hinrich.
More on the man later.
Voice is shot already.

So I figure out that the 2 tools in front of me are Tigger fans, which is great because I can get within about 6 inches of this guys ear and yell. So I do. They leave with 3 minutes left in the first half and never come back.
Actual quote from this D-bag "40 minutes of hell, more like 40 minutes of terrible"

Today marked the second game in a row that I correctly predicted a Tyrel Reed 3, so that is fun.

The 3 at the end of the half by Tyshawn was HUGE. That was for all intents and purposes the end for mizz. Place got real loud at that point.
(A lot of people have asked me last night and today how loud it was / how was the atmosphere)
Here's my answer to one such e-mail ---

not as loud and crazy as 02 when we had thundersticks for the first time.
I didn't go last year, but I've been the 2 years before that and yesterday was louder
it was a good atmosphere, could have been louder, but had some real high points, the pregame was crazy and i had a boner for the Hinrich thing.

Also the noise level thing got to 105.8 which is way higher that any other game, and only Tenn, this year came close to it.

Hinrich at the half was great, they did not show his block from the Arizona game to clinch the Final Four so that was kind of a let down, but he was great, real nervous but very genuine, I for one am super happy for him even though according to LJ his sister is ugly and tried to fuck him.

Before the game I had the great pleasure of meeting Kirk, he was way cool. Told him congrats and that it was well deserved he told me thanks and that he appreciated the words, it was a very cool moment for me.

Props to KU for really making it very miserable for any Mizz fan in the building.
We did the following that were giant FU's to them
-played the TR5 to KM play
-showed Mario's shot and highlights from the OT in the Championship game
- played a video from Josie Wells
-Played the Simpson's clip
-Played a wild video about having the biggest home court advantage, right before tip
-Showed A LOT of Hinrich highlights against Mizz
- chanted Overrated!

The second half was less fun, Mizz started to make some shots and the crowd wasn't as into it, but the Overrated chant was great. The OOPS to Cole were great and he Rock Chalk was about as good as I have heard it in awhile, very cool.
All in all a great day and I'm glad I could be there.
Yes I cried at halftime.
Rock Chalk

No comments: