Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Easy E

Wow!

So its finally knocking on our door. Baba Kelting is about to be rushed into this world, one way or another.

Lucky kid too. His Grandpa's are vastly different but both great men and mentors.
One has a limitless knowledge of America's pastime and life in general the other a cold exterior but one of the warmest hearts you'll ever meet, totally self less and loving .
at one moment Evan could be getting honest life lessons and learning how to keep score and at the next moment having a sip of hot damn and just a good old time.

His grandma's all are caring and sweet and while I don't know them as well I have never heard a negative hush spoken about them.

His dad, a wuss, and the best friend I'll ever have and have ever had.
We spent a lot of this evening talking about teaching him the lore that is KU, figuring out how to make him left handed and when to have our first drink with him.
He's getting a great one in Eric, a guy that'll give him enough rope to hang himself and tell him to pound sand when he's outta line.
A guy that has been my sounding board and one of the most upstanding guys you'll ever meet.
He's a talented (not hard) worker and honest. And when I think of some of the best times in my life Eric is a main stay.

And Momma K, T-mac, my college breakfast buddy, she's sooooo ready to be a mom she has loved Evan for a long time, so excited that she spilled his name months ago.

How could you not want her to be her kid, you know she'll go get a happy meal whenever you want, you want a new KU shirt, that's no worries, but she like her dad has a bottomless heart always capable of loving.

All I hope is that the baby is healthy, just healthy I don't care how big he is, just want Evan to be healthy.
I'm proud to be the Godfather, even more proud to have 2 friends as great as Eric and Tracy.

Evan-
I'll be real honest with you, you are gonna get a lot of slack but you'll be a Jayhawk.

I'm looking forward to going to Tee ball and coach pitch, autograph shows and KU games. Get here, whenever you feel like it, go easy on your mom and be healthy.
God bless you, and I'm looking forward to meeting you, I'm the guy that's you height and has a beard.

Rock Chalk
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

Mortenson said...

Well said. Evan will have definitely lucked out in the family department, that is for sure.

As far as picking a university, I am going to go on record to say that kid doesn't stand a chance from Day 1 on not going to KU. Rock Chalk to another generation of Jayhawks.

Eric, let me know if you need me to show the kid a few moves on the basketball court. I was able to observe from a close vantage point from watching Jamacius (ouch).

Tracy, keep the kid off the tennis court as it can get pretty rough out there.

Both Eric and T-Mac, thanks for being great friends and here's to you being even greater parents!

offense & defense said...

Well said. I hope this kid is enormous and keeps growing at an alarming rate.
He already is my starting RG on my infant fantasy team