Monday, June 8, 2009

Further proof that mizzou sucks

The below text is from an internet message board but sounds legit-

I met the wife of the 2008 Orange Bowl Committee President or Chairman in the parking lot of a grocery store in North Carolina tonight.

When I am in North Carolina I rarely go out in public without wearing National Championship Gear and/or Orange Bowl gear. Tonight I wore my favorite Orange Bowl Champions Shirt. I was putting groceries in my car when this woman came up with her daughter and told me how much she loved my shirt. She introduced herself as Thomas Wood's wife (former Orange Bowl Committee President). She complemented me on my school and asked me what I had studied there and so on.... She also said Lawrence is absolutley beautiful. (The woman has taste.)

She then voluntered that there were two reasons why we were chosen for the 2008 BCS Orange Bowl...

1. KU had a better record in their eyes with only one L....

2. KU has proven throughout the history of our football and basketball programs that we travel as well as any other college fanbase in the country.

She further volunteered that the MU fanbase was so upset that her husband recieved death threats. MU fans even threatened his entire family. She also said that the Miami police investigated the threats, and deemed them credible enough to warrant protection for her husband and their family. The Woods had multiple cop cars sitting in front of their house 24 hours a day for more than a week after the announcement..

Of course, she said the experience was very traumatic for her entire family. Meanwhile, her daughter was agreeing with everything she said...

The only thing the daughter said was, "You can't even imagine how crazy it was."

Mrs. Wood also said that her husband has told this story to members of other bowl committees, and they are always shocked and appalled by how the MU fans behave themselves.

Suffice to say, I was floored... I didn't expect her to be so open. At the end the conversation, I said, "I know I am biased, but I have always felt that our fanbase was by far the classier group of fans." She said oh don't worry everyone who needs to know, knows how great KU is, and how great KU's fans are...

I told her that was great to hear, and thank you very much..
(End)


Pretty awesome and I believe this to be the absolute truth.

Rock Chalk



Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: