Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Great story

Last week while I was volunteering at the KU Alumni golf tournament I heard a great story about KU's comeback against Memphis.

Self told someone, that they had "put 2 minutes on the clock. With the team down 10 points. Starters vs. the backups. We did this 128 times."

Guess how many times the starters came back...

Zero.


But all that practice paid off on the biggest stage.

What a cool anecdote in the history of Kansas Basketball.

Rock Chalk
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

3 comments:

Nick Bates said...

I love it

Jeff Dreiling said...

The only problem with this story is that you sat on it for over a week. I would hope you will be more forthcoming with these gems in the future. Great story!

offense & defense said...

Yeah, I totally unintentionally sat on this story, my bad.
Hopefully I get more gems like this.

stay tuned because there might be some football goodies for all in a couple of weeks